One of the features I will post on a typically weekly basis is my rotation. If you’re not familiar with these, they are similar to the old rotation lists distributed by radio station DJs. The lists are not exhaustive; they simply highlight the trends in my listening. These are the albums and songs that have risen to the top this week and earned repeated listens.
I love to read others’ rotations (Yes, this is the sort of thing music nerds do on message boreds.) because they can be like recommendations. I can read them and think, “I need that because so-and-so is into that.” Conversely, I can read them and think, “So-and-so is into that?”
Whatever your pleasure, enjoy it. Here’s this week’s rotation, in no particular order.
10. Elvis Costello – Secret, Profane and Sugarcane
9. Lucinda Williams – “Like A Rose” (from her self-titled album, thanks Ben!)
8. Grizzly Bear – Veckatimest
7. Prefab Sprout – Steve McQueen, disc two (the acoustic re-recordings)
6. Alice Cooper – “Clones (We’re All)”
5. The Style Council – “Walls Come Tumbling Down”
4. Camera Obscura – My Maudlin Career
3. The Futureheads – This Is Not The World
2. Richard Swift – Nothing To Do With Foxy Boxing 7″
1. Mojave 3 – Puzzles Like You