I am playing some records at Benetti’s Coffee Experience on Sunday, to kick off the store’s weekly Sunday Spins. I will have a sign-up sheet for you to bring an album next week, so will hopefully I will be providing fewer records each week.
Most of the time at these events, I will play entire sides of albums. To keep things mixed up, I have chosen only to play one side of each album. I’ll occasionally break from this and play an entire album if warranted, like when I play A Love Supreme in a few weeks. (I already anticipate people’s criticisms about only playing half of these albums, but trust me, you will still get plenty of deep album cuts and non-singles.)
Since album sides usually run about 20-25 minutes, you can plan on a different side about every half hour. I’ll start at 6:00, so plan accordingly, if you want to hear a particular record. (I’ve included links describing the albums, so do your homework.)
- Duke Ellington – 70th Birthday Concert (side 1)
- Ray Charles – Greatest Hits (side 1)
- Oscar Peterson – Night Train (side 2)
- The Supremes – Where Did Our Love Go (side 1)
- The Kinks – Kinkdom (side 2)
- Buddy Miles – We Got to Live Together (side 2)
- Yes – Close to the Edge (side 2)
- Herbie Hancock – Head Hunters (side 1)
- Jimmy Cliff – The Harder They Come (side 2)
- Elvis Costello – This Year’s Model (side 2)
- XTC – Black Sea (side 2)
Oh yeah, and I’m going to post the next episode of Radio Free Raytown tomorrow morning, making your Friday even better!