Many times, I’ll play a record and wonder what someone would think if he/she walked in the room. Or maybe what someone would think if he/she were to ride along with me in the car while I rocked out to a particular album. My tastes aren’t predicated others’ opinions (although I do take suggestions), but sometimes I have to wonder…
You see, I have a thing for French music. I also have a thing for Indian/Pakistani music. Perhaps is the close association to dining in restaurants that play it? Who knows?
At any rate, here’s this week’s show. It’s a wild and fun way to start the new year. Enjoy.
- “Life Hai Kuch Dinon Ki” – M. Ashraf featuring Nahid Akhtar (The Sound of Wonder: The First Wave of Plugged-In Pop at the Pakistani Picture House/Finders Keepers/2008)
- “Exposition” – Charles De Goal (Des Jeunes Gens Mödernes/Naive/2008)
- “Red Chair, Fade Away” – Bee Gee’s (1st/Atco/1967)
- “Kalamazoo” – Luna (Penthouse/Elektra/1995)
- “Noise International” – Loincloth (Swami Sound System Vol. 1/?/2003)