Last week, I took suggestions for this show (as I do for every tenth episode). My friend, Ben, said it should be “If I Were In Charge of the Waffle House Jukebox,” which seemed to be an immediate winner.
I may be mistaken here, but I’m pretty sure the reason Waffle House has played such a big role in my life is because of its hours of operation. The restaurants never close, so I’ve eaten at Waffle Houses before work, before church, after concerts and on holidays.
So this week’s show is in homage to the fine establishment with smothered hash browns and Casa de Waffle sauce. And also to my friends and wife who join in the fun at those hours when late blurs into early.
- “Dropkick Me” – Bobby Bare (The Winner and Other Losers/1976/RCA)
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose its Flavor (On the Bedpost Overnight) – Lonnie Donegan
- “Kansas City Star” – Roger Miller (Golden Hits/1965/Smash)
- “What Does It Take to Win Your Love” – Junior Walker and the All-Stars (What Does It Take to Win Your Love/1969/Soul)
- “Maybe Baby” – Buddy Holly and The Crickets (The Chirpin’ Crickets/1957/Decca)
- “See Emily Play” – Pink Floyd (Piper At the Gates of Dawn/1968/Capitol)