In my attempts to introduce a friend to the work of a particular artist, I sometimes avoid telling him/her about an artist’s greatest songs. I’ll be the first to admit this is a little silly. It seems like I get a little self-conscious and think that it’ll hurt my cred if I go for that big, easy hit song. But if it’s good, who cares? Furthermore, when I’m dealing with obscure bands who never really had a hit in the first place, why does it matter? I’m such a loser.
- “T.I.B.W.F.” – The Budos Band (The Budos Band/Daptone/2005)
- “Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space” – Spiritualized (Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space/Dedicated/1997)
- “Refined” – Ten Kens (Ten Kens/Fat Cat/2008)
- “Golden Cities” – Unwed Sailor (The Faithful Anchor/Burnt Toast Vinyl/2001)
- Tired of Living – Roadside Monument (Roadside Monument/Frodus Split EP/Tooth and Nail/1997)
- An Unknown Spring – Louis Phillipe (An Unknown Spring/Wonder Records/2007)