I’ve been listening to Françoise Hardy a lot for at least a week now. So when I took Ma Jeunesse Fout Le Camp out of the CD player in our bedroom Wednesday night, it wasn’t because I was burnt out on her music, but rather because I feared I might burn Katy out. (See, I was on a huge XTC kick when we were engaged that probably ruined her chances of ever appreciating Andy Partridge’s work.)
Oh well, there’s more to this week’s show than Hardy. After it was in the can, I realized this episode only features two Americans. I hope that’s okay.
- “Synchronic Disjecta” – DJ Spooky (Riddim Warfare/Asphodel/1998)
- “No Use” – Sonar Kollektiv Orchester (Guaranteed Niceness/Sonar Kollektiv/2008)
- “La Fin De L’été”- Françoise Hardy (Ma Jeunesse Fout Le Camp/Vogue/1967)
- “Spectacular” – Graham Coxon (Happiness in Magazines/Astralwerks/2005)
- “Touch” – Legends (Over and Over/Labrador/2009)
- “Soul Sound Revival” – Frank Lenz (The Hot Stuff/Northern/2001)