Job-hunting is a time and energy-consuming thing. I’ve applied for about a dozen jobs this week and had one interview, leaving little time to record a new show. So, once again, in lieu of an episode, I will just post some random thoughts I’ve had about music this week.
- Sam Billen is opening for Half-Handed Cloud at
BridgeportSigns of Life at 7:30 on March 18. What a great way to end spring break.
- I had to defend my stance on Herbie Hancock’s Thrust this week. I think it’s his best fusion album.
- There’s an election in Raytown on April 5. One candidate, in particular, seems to enjoy filling my mailbox with lots of campaign materials. Must be nice to own a printing company. Other candidates must pay for their promotional materials.
- I’m still perplexed by the new Radiohead record. I think I think it’s solid, but it’s certainly weird. Even by Radiohead’s standards.
- Episode 100 will be special.
- Tag Team’s music seems best-suited for middle-school pep assemblies.
- Marc Byrd can do no wrong.
- The world needs more songs like R.E.M.’s “At My Most Beautiful.”
- Word has it that Flannelgraph Records will release a 7″ of Starflyer 59 covers by Candy Claws. See Candy Claws at Ink Magazine’s Middle of the Map Festival. Needless to say, you must attend this show.
Well, I guess those were random thoughts mostly about music.