I wasn’t raised with 70s funky soul and disco and I’ve never been much of a party-goer, so I’m not sure why I love it so. I can exhaust most in my house or in a car ride with too much funk and disco. Even bad funk. (I spent last Saturday afternoon grooving to a compilation of obscure Chicago funk and soul. Most of that disc was pretty bad, but I still loved it.)
That’s probably an awful setup for this show. Nothing I play this week is less than mind-blowing. I was quite busy, but it felt good to record another episode this week. Enjoy.
- “The Heist” – Alan Tew and Bullet (The Hanged Man Soundtrack | Contour | 1975)
- “Snakeskin” – Bullfrog (Bullfrog | Ropeadope | 2001)
- “Way Out of Love” – Linear Movement (The Minimal Wave Tapes: Volume 1 | Stones Throw | 2010)
- “I Just Want to Love You” – Dexter Wansel (Voyager | Philadelphia International |1978)
- “In Your Eyes” – Edwyn Collins (Losing Sleep | Heavenly | 2011)