I remember the day I got hip to The Psychedelic Furs. Members of the Velvet Blue Music email discussion list had jokingly thrown around the idea of the label releasing a Furs tribute album (an idea not so far-fledged, when considering Fine China’s Rob Withem would later record “Love My Way” on his Foxglove Hunt album). This was early college, and I had no idea who the Furs were and why everyone seemed so jazzed about them. To find out, I picked up a copy of the band’s 1988 singles collection, All of This and Nothing, from Streetside Records. I fell head-over-heels in love with “All that Money Wants,” and that album became the soundtrack for many shifts of pizza delivery.
I don’t know what gets me back on a kick, but this week, I’ve been on a serious Furs kick. I’ve picked up where I left off halfway into the band’s biography, Beautiful Chaos: Psychedelic Furs. I know, I’m a nerd. But you probably already knew that. Enjoy.
- “The Time” – 2562 (Aerial | Tectonic | 2008)
- “Fog” – Nosaj Thing (Drift | Alpha Pup | 2009)
- “All That Money Wants” – The Psychedelic Furs (All of This and Nothing | Columbia | 1988)
- “Love My Way” – The Psychedelic Furs (All of This and Nothing | Columbia | 1988)
- “Moonage Daydream” – Fluffy (Sugar Pistol | Flying Tart | 1995)