I love introducing my friends’ bands to others. All too often, in college, I’d attend shows with mediocre bands, simply because the musicians were nice guys. Life’s too short to waste it on so-so music, even if it is made by friends. So this week, I introduce Jared Collinger’s project, The Enigmatic Foe. Please visit his Bandcamp page, where you can listen to and buy all his albums. They’re all different, so listen to all of them.
At any rate, here’s this week’s show. There’s no such thing as too much Muddy Waters.
- “Walkin Thru the Park” – Muddy Waters (Fathers and Sons | Chess | 1969)
- “Sugar Sweet” – Muddy Waters (Fathers and Sons | Chess | 1969)
- “You Don’t Respond” – The Flaming Lips (untitled 12″ | Warner Bros | 2011)
- “Radioactivity” – Damien Jurado and Richard Swift (Other People’s Songs | independent | 2011)
- “Def Surrounds Us” – DJ Shadow (I Gotta Rokk single | Verve Forecast | 2011)
- “Light From a Dying Star” – The Enigmatic Foe (Light From a Dying Star | independent | 2007)