Much like Harry Nilsson’s best albums, this is a mix of disparate styles that should have never been thrown together. If you just thought I was crazy, I’ve given you even more proof this week.
- “Water Ban” – Pernice Brothers (Yours, Mine & Ours/Ashmont/2003)
- “Thursday (at Olympic Studios)” – Asobi Seksu (Rewolf/Polyvinyl/2009)
- “Thursday” – Asobi Seksu (Citrus/Friendly Fire/2006)
- “Invasion of the Octobots” – DJ Q-Bert with Flare, D-Styles, & Yogafrog (Turntables by the Bay/Hip-Hop Slam/2001)
- “Ten Dollar High” – Medeski, Martin and Wood (Uninvisible/Blue Note/2002)
- “Everlasting Neverendless” – Echo and the Bunnymen (The Fountain/Ocean Rain/2009)
Oh yeah, I’m putting a mind-blowing Christmas show together for next week. That should be fun.